Why Zirconium Crowns Are Better?
If you are planning to get new crowns, think about having zirconium crowns. Zirconia is a metal which belongs to the titanium family. It is obtained through mining. It is used in the manufacturing of electrical fixtures and dinnerware. The durability of zirconia makes it ideal for dental crowns, so patients can grind and chew food easily. Zirconium crowns offer these benefits.
- Since zirconia is white, it can complement your shiny teeth well. Since it is also translucent, it can be customized to create any shade of teeth.
- There is no need to place metal lining at gums with zirconium crowns. Earlier, porcelain-based metal crowns were the norm that came with a metal layer with the porcelain. This type of fusion can be seen easily at the gum line, due to which people struggle to smile freely. Zirconium crowns ensure that you can flash a confident smile.
- So far, there has been no report of zirconium crowns to cause any type of allergy. The material is 100% biocompatible. This means that patients can have it integrated in their teeth for extended periods without any risk of allergic reactions.
- Many experts claim that zirconium crowns are the strongest. They can bear heavy wear and tear. Unlike other types of crowns, zirconia does not chip off. With proper care, you may never feel the need to have them replaced. Experts suggest that they are around five times more powerful than porcelain-based crowns. Flexural strength is the amount of force, which is tolerated by a crown. The flexural strength of zirconium crowns is 1,200 MPa, an extremely good score.
- Gold crowns were popular because they offered attractive physical properties. However, people are more interested in how they look; they desire to appear young and natural. Such people avoid the use of metal installation in their body. Hence, they opt for Zirconium crowns.
- Zirconium crowns gel nicely to your teeth. Porcelain-based crowns were in demand because they bonded nicely with the teeth. Zirconium crowns can bond better. Due to the natural characteristics of zirconia, your surgeon does not have to engage in heavy teeth removal.
Zircon Crowns Cost
Zircon crowns cost around between $1,000 and $3,000 per tooth. If you want to have them at a cheaper cost, visit Dr. Motiwala Dental Clinic & Implant Center.